Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, August 29, 2008

Lace-Edged Women's Hat



So yesterday I finished knitting the LionBrand Lace Scarf and immediately began knitting this lovely pattern by Julie Hentz.
As usual, I used Caron Simply Soft, worsted weight. I'm using a US size 8 circular needle as opposed to the size 6 the pattern calls for. Also, I added 6 extra stitches because my sister has a big head, so I'm knitting in the blind here not knowing how big the hat will be or how the end result will look, so far I love how the edge is turning out.
Hopefully I'll finish it by this weekend.
Here's a little sneak peak of how its turning out:



Looks like a little crown :D

2 comments:

Danni said...

wow, the hat does look great, I am sure your Sis will love it!

Moon said...

thanks! I'm almost done!

My knitter's geek code

KCR+++ Exp SPM Steel++@ Wood+ Pl+ Syn(+) Cot+++ Lux+ Wool+ Stash++ Scale+ Fin+ Ent? FI++* Int++@ Lace++ Felt++* Tex++* Flat++@Circ++@DPNS[5]ML2* !Swatch GaugeDK(++)W(+++)F(+++)S(+++) KIP(+++) EZ+ FO+(9) WIP(++) Blog++ SNB- ALTCr+Sw+
What's yours?
*dying to try it!