Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, February 26, 2007

3 AM Cable Hat With a Twist


So before I went to NY, like a week before, I thought to myself why don't I knit another hat? a prettier hat, so I looked for a pattern on the internet and found this one: 3AM Blue Cable Hat and thought to myself Cables? it shouldn't be that hard...so I started to knit my hat and finshed it within a couple of days but realized that following the pattern plus adding another cable pattern repeat the hat was still too short, I looked ridiculous and my head was starting to ache becuse i was forcing the hat down on me...

bluehatshort
3Am Blue Hat
Originally uploaded by mo0nangel.

So I set out to find a way to fix it and thought, I can pickup the cast on stitches and go from there. But It was time to go to the hotel, and so I took my knitting with me, within the next couple of days (because I was definitely going to enjoy my stay there and not only knitting) I finished knitting the extra rows but then when it was time to cast off the real dilemma began...How on earth am I going to cast off for this hat without the end result be a super-tight-impossible-to-fit-in hat? Thank God for my trusty cellphone with internet access...I went to google and typed in the words: "Stretchy Bind off" and stumbled across this webblog: Weebleknits: Stretchy Bind Offs and used the last method shown which seemed to be the easiest one, but I must say that I had tried binding off the conventional way (the hat wouldn't even fit), I tried some other way, it wasn't stretchy enough...so I ended up binding off on my way back to the city, the day I was supposed to leave to NY...I finished BO when the bus arrived back to santo domingo. And Voila! 3AM Cable Hat with a Twist...
S4025098S4025092

4 comments:

Luciana DeVito said...

This hat is adorable. I found your blog on KH. Visit mine. I have a Christian blog too, click my profile if you wish to see it.

May all your stitches be good ones and your days be blessed!

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

americansingles [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]wanna dance christian singles dance el cajon[/url] lips pic stuff message catholic dating email folder list offer http://loveepicentre.com/ connecticut singles

My knitter's geek code

KCR+++ Exp SPM Steel++@ Wood+ Pl+ Syn(+) Cot+++ Lux+ Wool+ Stash++ Scale+ Fin+ Ent? FI++* Int++@ Lace++ Felt++* Tex++* Flat++@Circ++@DPNS[5]ML2* !Swatch GaugeDK(++)W(+++)F(+++)S(+++) KIP(+++) EZ+ FO+(9) WIP(++) Blog++ SNB- ALTCr+Sw+
What's yours?
*dying to try it!