Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Another Slouchy Copy Cat Hat



I casted on 93 stitches this time, and increased the stitches to 135 with a little formula I devised.
(1 + n + 1)/2= X [why not n+2? its the same thing I've just written it that way so you'll know that each 1 is the increase you'll be doing in between stitches]
X being the amount of stitches that you'll be adding to the amount of stitches you already have.
x + n= Y
Y being the total amount of stitches in your needles, knowing this will help you decide how many stitches you want to have and how to get multiples of 5 in order to correctly knit the Faux Cable Eyelet pattern.
Example: (lets use the amount of stitches the pattern calls for: 76)
n=76
(76+2)/2=
78/2= 39
X = 39
X+n=
76+39= 115
Just like the pattern says it will increase to.
In my case I casted on 93 stitches, using the formula I got 141 sts total (140.5) I only wanted 135 sts cause I was in a hurry and had only 1 skein of Cascade 220 (but after I finished the hat I still had some yarn left over, so It think it wouldn't have made much difference had I increased it to 140)
How to avoid having those 6 extra stitches? By skipping an increase stitch every 31 stitches. (thats how many stitches per needle I have)
Sorry about the bad quality pictures, we were on our way to the airport.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey, I'm glad I found your knitting blog, Rita! Love this hat. Maybe someday...:)

Moon said...

Steph!! I'm so glad you knit as well!! :D
Trusty me a lot of the stuff in knitting that seem hard once you get to actually knitting them are not as hard...the hard part is making mistakes and having to go back to where the mistake is, cause it takes a lot patience..

My knitter's geek code

KCR+++ Exp SPM Steel++@ Wood+ Pl+ Syn(+) Cot+++ Lux+ Wool+ Stash++ Scale+ Fin+ Ent? FI++* Int++@ Lace++ Felt++* Tex++* Flat++@Circ++@DPNS[5]ML2* !Swatch GaugeDK(++)W(+++)F(+++)S(+++) KIP(+++) EZ+ FO+(9) WIP(++) Blog++ SNB- ALTCr+Sw+
What's yours?
*dying to try it!